Babel React Koa - Hot Universal Boilerplate
The name Breko-hub is an portmanteau made from the 3 core technologies used in Breko-hub and a 3 word summary of its purpose. The three technologies are Babel, React and Koa. The purpose of Breko-hub is a hot-reloading universal-boilerplate.
- React - A library for interfaces
- Koa - A small web framework
- Hot-reloading - A technique for rapid development
- Universal - Code is usable in both an SPA and server
- Boilerplate - A reusable starting point
Redux associates itself with the "re" part of Breko-hub. But, yet, Redux is not as essential for building more simple applications and didn't make the cut for the name.
One of the prominent features of Breko-hub is the attention to detail. Every aspect of the code-base contributes towards the developer experience.
- Enables building universal SPAs
- A modern redux architecture
- Hot reloading of CSS-modules
- Fast server side live updates
- 99% ES Next code-base
- Hot reloading unit tests
- Run unit tests in a browser for debugging
- A comprehensive functional and unit test suite
- A lucid code-base
- A helpful console output
- Debugging tools
A blog documenting techniques used in Breko-hub. The blog used Breko-hub as a starting point.